Life With Bobux
Chocolate Banoffee Whoopie Pie with the Pie Piper!
Set your store
Ready for another delicious treat with the team at @thepiepiper? This time it's Chocolate Banoffee Whoopie Pie! Do we need to say any more? Check out our second Bobux Session with Senior Pastry Chef Dewi Schmidt, and her 5 year old daughter, Yani (the Rainbow Chef) as they walk us through what to do!
You can watch the full video of Dewi and The Rainbow chef on our IGTV here, or follow the recipe below!
Is your little adventurer looking for some more things to do? Bobux Sessions bring all kinds of fun for little ones straight to your home. From Tuesdays to Saturdays during April we'll have some of our talented Kiwi friends take us through magical stories, science sessions, delicious treats to whip up at home, and yoga moves for young ones! Join us Live at 11am NZT on our instagram @bobuxshoes so your little ones can say hello to our special guests and ask them questions along the way, or check out the videos afterwards on our IGVT! See you there!
The Pie Piper
The Pie Piper is Auckland's North American inspired bakery, with Kiwi flare. They specialize in dessert pies, classic cakes, gourmet donuts, cinnamon rolls and other baked treats. They have two stores in Auckland. Their flagship store is located on Auckland's iconic K'Rd, Auckland Central, or at The Eatery, East Ridge Shopping Centre, Mission Bay. They also deliver nationwide in New Zealand.
Meet - Dewi Schmidt, Senior Pastry Chef
(Dewi is pronounced - Dee-vee). Dewi is a very experienced pastry chef and has worked in world class kitchens around the world. However, since starting a family, Dewi is now trying to keep up with her daughter, Yani, age 5 (who we call the Rainbow Chef). Yani picked up her cooking skills via osmosis since both her parents are chefs. Every day they are cooking something amazing in their household. Right now, we're all wishing we were locked down with them.
Chocolate & Banoffee Whoopie Pies
With dulce de leche & bananas
Makes 30 pieces
What you'll need:
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC and line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Combine the sugar, milk, oil and egg in a mixing bowl. Give it a good mix.
3. In a different bowl, combine cocoa powder and flour and baking powder.
4. Then add No 2 to No. 3, Mix into a smooth, slightly stiff batter.
5. Spoon equal-sized blobs, 2cm apart, onto the baking sheets, then place in the hot oven for 8 minutes, or until risen and cooked through.
6. Cool for a couple of minutes on the sheets then moves to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Once the whoopies are cool, spread ½ a teaspoon of dulce de leche on the flat sides.
8. Peel and slice the bananas, then top half the pies with 2 slices of the banana.
9. Sandwich together with the remaining halves, and dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder.
To watch the full video of Dewi and The Rainbow Chef Live in action, head to our IGTV here!
Join in our next Bobux Session with @thepiepiper at 11am NZT Tuesday 21st of April.